California Standards -7th grade
7.1 Students analyze the causes and effects of the vast expansion and ultimate disintegration of the Roman Empire .
- Study the early strengths and lasting contributions of military powers within the empire, undermining of citizenship by the growth of corruption and slavery, lack of education, and distribution of news). (e.g., significance of ; rights under Roman law; Roman art, architecture, engineering, and philosophy; preservation and transmission of Christianity) and its ultimate internal weaknesses (e.g., rise of autonomous
- Discuss the geographic borders of the empire at its height and the factors that threatened its territorial cohesion.
- Describe the establishment by Constantine of the new capital in and the development of the Byzantine Empire , with an emphasis on the consequences of the development of two distinct European civilizations, Eastern Orthodox and , and their two distinct views on church-state relations.
In the NEWS
Vocabulary/Sign Language --- Students should sign in under
SCHOOL ID: 1119-50622
SCHOOL PASSWORD: actis
Students should put in their first and last names. If there is access to a printer, students may bring in a copy of the final test page with the score on it for extra credit.
1. Enter your name and initial of last name. Ex. Lori C
2. Enter Mrs. Berg's email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Choose the title of the story we are working on. "Revolutionary War on Wednesday Ch 1-3"
4. You will see a spelling test. Go to the bottom and click CHECK MY SPELLING AND SHOW ME GAMES.
5. Click GO TO GAMES NOW.
6. Choose a game to practice the vocabulary.
INTERACTIVE MAP OF ROMAN EMPIRE
Roman Colosseum Seating (thanks to Jessica and her students at Colorado Tutors)